The Underwriter reviews documentation, including 1003, credit reports, income and assets, and property documentation in accordance to agency, non-agency, delegated and non-delegated underwriting guidelines. The Underwriter will make the final loan decision on delegated loans. They will review specific guidelines to ensure that each loan risk is properly managed on a loan-by-loan basis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist loan officer(s) with taking loan applications and gathering borrower documentation.
- Creating loan folders within Encompass system, and entering all loan data and documentation.
- Track all outstanding items on all files and follow up with customers to ensure timely receipt of necessary documentation.
- Facilitate the closing of loans in a timely manner, including communication with agents, borrowers, escrow/title, loan officer, processor, etc.
- Assist loan officers with the preparation and distribution ofThank You cards and/or other forms of marketing materials.
- Perform other supportive and/or administrative tasks as requested.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a loan officer, processor, loan officer assistant, or similar position preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with Encompass
- Basic understanding of Conventional underwriting guidelines and the residential mortgage loan process is preferred.
- Experience with data entry, strong attention to detail and organizational skills is a must.
- Proficiency with MS Office; Word and Excel.
- Some exposure to marketing and/or preparation of advertising materials.
- Excellent communication skills -- phone, personal contact and written.
- Strong ability and desire to work with others, (both employees and customers) in a cooperative and professional manner.
- Must possess good judgment, be able to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
- This position does not require National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS)licensing, but it is preferred.
401(k), Medical, Life, Dental, Vision