Primary responsibilities reviewing and verifying loan documents including income, credit, appraisal, title insurance, etc., and ensuring the information is complete, accurate and complies with company policies as well as meets underwriters' requirements. Other duties include entering information into Encompass, following up and communicating with loan officers and transaction coordinators to obtain missing or updated documentation in order to process the mortgage loan file in a timely manner. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with multiple people, multitask, work in a team environment, and manage an assigned pipeline in order to meet closing expectations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process FHA, VA, Conventional, Home Equity Lines of Credit, 2nd Mortgages, Home Improvement loans, as well as Jumbo Loans and Non-QM.
- Accurately calculate income for all types of borrowers, following investor-specific guidelines, when applicable
- Communicate clearly and effectively with loan agents, transaction coordinators, and third parties involved in the mortgage loan transaction.
- Request, review and verify all loan documents such as income, credit, appraisal and title insurance, to ensure complete and accurate information is in the file before it is sent to underwriting.
- Obtain verification of deposit, verification of employment, credit report.
- Prioritize and monitor daily workflow in order to ensure all loans are being worked on in accordance with company's timeline expectations.
- Maintain constant communication with loan agents and other team members on status updates and/or changes to the loan.
- Ensure any necessary and critical changes which requirer disclosure have been accurately notated and checked in the loan origination system for compliance purposes.
- Coordinate loan closing with title companies, and loan agents.
- Work additional hours as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Experience with Encompass LOS
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional and other loan programs such as Home Ready or Home Possible
- Equity Lines of Credit, 2nd Mortgages and Home Improvement loan
- Demonstrate working knowledge of federal and state guidelines, rules and regulations such as TRID.
- Advanced ability to analyze complex tax returns and accurately calculate income for all types of borrowers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 3-5 years' experience processing mortgage loans.
- Current experience processing purchase loans.
- Experience with Jumbo, Non-Agency, and Non-QM Loans.
- Understanding of all compliance regulations and investor guidelines.
401(k), Medical, Life, Dental, Vision